Fear Is A Mind Killer
In this episode, I’ll be talking about my own journey (a somewhat “rocky” journey) of quitting the 9-5 and starting my own online business based on my passions—meditation, spirituality, and digital nomading.
We all want to quit the cubicle, travel the world, and work on a business that is based on our true passions (at least I think so based on the people I meet). We know we need to get out of that shit, but most of us don’t do it.
The answer is easy: we are afraid.
But there are reasons – really great reasons in our heads that say we cannot quit our 9-5 to pursue our passions.
I had a long list of my own reasons – fear of failure, of the unknown, of disappointing my parents, of succeeding, of taking on too much too fast, of poverty, of bankruptcy, of being on my own, of jumping into the abyss, and much more.
I still quit my job.
You know why?
Because the reasons didn’t matter anymore. I had to get out and do my own thing. It was time.
I knew if I delayed any further I would be delaying forever! I didn’t want regret to take over my psyche.
In this podcast, I’ll be chatting about the following things:
- My own journey through the 9-5 and quitting to start my own online business
- The fear involved with quitting a job
- Why quitting is so freaking hard and what excuses we use to stay put
- Which book I absolutely recommend to people interested in starting new ventures
- Why you should start chasing the dreams that you’re really dreaming of
- And other amazing and awesome stuff (you gotta listen to get it!).
Life is too short to waste on stuff that we aren’t absolutely passionate or even excited about! I mean, if you aren’t saying Hell Yeah, then you shouldn’t do it!
You know what I’m saying??
If you are looking for help or feedback or just some enlightening thoughts on the process, listen to this podcast, and let me know what you think. I’ll be more than happy to know your thoughts.
I’m always here to help!