Today, I am starting a 7 days series, on books that have influenced me. Each day I’ll be discussing different books that have changed my thinking, helping me to become a better person and grow as an individual.
In this first podcast of the series, I will be chatting about ‘The Big Leap’, by Gay Hendricks. This book is all about taking the leap in your Zone of Genius.
The book says we are all unique individuals, with our own genetic structures, talents, and abilities.
“Most of us have a thermostat on how happy we can be.”
Despite having the potential to live in our Zone of Genius, many of us only focus on a Zone of Excellence: making good money, getting promoted, being praised by our family, yet feeling empty and dry on the inside. Why is that?
By setting limits on ourselves and not going above them, we end up hitting a wall, and thus, stagnating. What we need to do to be successful is go above and beyond these limits.
As Gay Hendricks points out, we shall transform our fear into excitement, and accomplish more, thus, making the most of our time here.
In this podcast, I’ll be chatting about the following things:
- What is the Big Leap?
- The steps each of us need to take to reach this big leap
- I’ll share my favourite teachings from the book
- Tips on how to deal with limits
- Taking a deep breath – overcoming fear
- Other amazing and awesome stuff (you gotta listen to get it!)
I hope you enjoyed this podcast and learnt a few new things from it. Please share the love on social media with your friends and family, so we can all grow together as a group and make the world a better place!
- Join my free FB group to be with like-minded people who are interested in spirituality and abundance like you!
- Check out my YouTube Channel for more gems of wisdom (I have the video of our conversation below for your viewing pleasure).