In this episode, I’ll be talking about one of the easiest ways to feel bad about ourselves as new entrepreneurs. It’s called Comparison syndrome, that is, comparing your stuff to the experts who have been in the field years longer than you. Stop comparing yourself to others!
These gurus have been slogging it out in the field for decades longer than us, but for some reason, we have this incessant desire to compare ourselves to them, and then make ourselves feel terrible about the comparison.
It’s the worst feeling on the planet, but for some reason, we love to torture ourselves with these comparison thoughts.
I’m sure you know what I’m talking about here. We see our website and then we see theirs, and theirs is much better. A lot better.
Then, we see our e-Book and we see theirs, and theirs looks nicer, prettier, more professional, and the colors all match up perfectly. Even if nobody’s perfect you start thinking that they have to be the exception.
We start torturing ourselves like masochists.
Perhaps we aren’t good enough. Maybe we should quit whatever we’re up to. Or maybe, we don’t know what we are doing.
My message with this podcast is to stop the madness. Stop torturing yourselves with such useless thoughts. They are going to make you miserable, and they have no real meaning behind them.
These gurus are ahead of you in terms of time, experience, and resources. They are going to have better stuff than you. It’s just inevitable.
Stop using that as an excuse to fall behind and not do the work that you need to do.
One day, someone will be comparing their stuff to yours and falling short. Until then, keep on pluggin’, my friend.
Podcast Content – Stop Comparing Yourself With Others
In this podcast, I’ll be chatting about the following things:
- My favourite way to torture myself (yes, I’m guilty of this) is looking at my mentors’ list and website.
- Why I am trying a low-information diet so I can stop the madness.
- Comparison in all of its forms is a waste of our time. We could spend that time actually working.
- We are all good enough – we just have to believe it.
- And other amazing and awesome stuff (you gotta listen to get it!).
Let’s get going. Stop comparing. Start creating our own stuff. And one day, we will be hailed as the gurus. Until then, keep working!
Any questions? Drop them in the comments. I’m always here to help!
- Join my free FB group to be with like-minded people who are interested in spirituality and abundance like you!
- Check out my YouTube Channel for more gems of wisdom.