What Information Do We Collect?
The Millionaire Hippie only collects the following types of information through this website:
- personal information that you knowingly choose to disclose to us either by email or by subscribing to our email list, and
- website use information that is collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website.
Personal Information You Choose to Provide
Your personal information means information by which you, as an individual, can be identified. It includes information such as your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address. We generally request this information in connection with your subscription to our email list.
Website Use Information
Our web host collects and provides to us certain non-personally-identifying information in order to help us assess what information on our site is of most interest to visitors, and to identify ways in which we can make our website more accessible and more useful. Only the following visitor information is collected: the name of the domain from which our website is accessed; the date and time of access; the internet address of any website from which a user linked directly to themillionairehippie.com; the country from which access was initiated; and the operating system and internet browser software that was used. In addition, we are provided details concerning the number of times each page on our site has been accessed. All of this information is presented in the aggregate, and does not permit identification of any individual site visitor.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of enhancing or modifying our site, administering and expanding our business activities or responding to inquiries. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our website or new developments, or to send emails containing information updates to which you have subscribed. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these communications by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of one of our emails.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We may use third parties to provide data processing, hosting, storage, emergency recovery and similar services to us, and it may be necessary for us to grant these third parties access to personal information you have provided on this Website. These third parties will be required to enter into confidentiality agreements with us that provide adequate provisions for the safety and security of your personal information. Other than this, we do not share information collected with third parties.
How Do We Secure Information Transmissions?
We use physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information, including firewalls and scanning software to detect and block malicious code and certain unsolicited commercial email (spam). Internally, we use encryption technologies, user authentication systems (e.g., passwords) and access control mechanisms to secure access to our computer systems and files. Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. You should not send private or confidential information to us by email or otherwise in connection with our site. Any personal information transmitted between us and our third party vendors is transmitted only through secure https transmissions.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to
- conform to the law or comply with legal process served on us or parties affiliated with us;
- protect and defend our rights and property, our website, the users of our website, and/or our affiliated parties; and/or
- act under circumstances to protect the safety of users of the website, us, or third parties.
What About Other Websites Linked to Our Website?
Compliance With Can-Spam
The Millionaire Hippie is dedicated to ensuring compliance with the Can-Spam Act, which took effect January 1, 2004. You may receive email from us in the following circumstances:
- Acknowledging your application has been received and requesting additional action
- Requests for additional information to support your current application
- Response to your inquiries regarding the status of your transactional requests
- Thanking you for your valued business
- Advertisements for our products, services, changes in services, new product availability
- Advertisements for third party products and services where we have determined that such product or service may be of interest to our customers
To ensure compliance with the Can-Spam Act, we have implemented the following guidelines for email delivery:
- All emails sent to you by us will clearly identify themillionairehippie.com as the sender/from email address: .
- Any email from us will include the ability to unsubscribe from future email messages.
- Unsubscribing will ensure the customer is removed from ALL lists; this excludes customer service emails regarding the processing and status of a current product.
- All emails sent to you directly by us include valid postal address information in the footer.
- All third party marketing partners are required to comply with the Can-Spam Act.
- Emails sent to you directly by us will include an email address and physical address where you can send suggestions, complaints or other correspondence.
Questions and Updates
If you have any questions or suggestions about our privacy practices, or you wish to update or correct any personally identifiable information that you have chosen to provide us, please feel free to contact us at .
Modification of Policy
We may modify this Policy at any time to ensure that it accurately reflects the regulatory environment in which we operate and our data collection and disclosure practices. Your continuing use of this Website constitutes your acceptance of any modification to this Policy in effect at the time of your access. If we modify this Policy, we will post those changes on our website to keep you aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we may disclose it.